Friday, June 1, 2012

Hair Removal - this is why you need to see me!!


I haven't laughed so much in a long time, so I decided to share this email a client sent me ;-) with you. Enjoy


All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal - The Epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now ... the wax.

My night began as any other normal weeknight. Fix dinner, watch the grand kids come and go. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next few hours:
"Maybe I should get the waxing kit from the medicine cabinet."

So I headed to the site of my demise -- the bathroom.

It was one of those "cold wax" kits. No melting a clump of hot wax, you just rub the strips together in your hands, they get warm and you peel them apart and press them on to you leg (or wherever else) and you pull the hair right off. No muss, no fuss. How hard can it be?

I mean, I'm not a genius, but I am mechanically inclined enough to figure this out. (YA THINK!?!) So I pull one of the thin strips out. Its two strips facing each other, stuck together.

Instead of rubbing them together, my genius kicks in so I get out a hair dryer and heat it to 1000 degrees. ("Cold wax"...right!)

I lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin around it tight and pull.

It works! Okay, so its wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I can do this!
Hair removal no longer eludes me!

I am She-rah, fighter of all wayward body hair and maker of smooth skin extraordinaire!

With my next wax strip I move north. After checking on the family, I sneak back into the bathroom for the ultimate hair fighting championship.

I drop my granny panties and place one foot on the toilet.

Using the same procedure, I apply the wax strip across the right side of my bikini line, covering the right half of my hoo-ha and stretching down to the inside of my butt cheek (it was a long strip)

I inhale deeply and brace myself ..... RRRRIIIIPPPP!!!!

I'm blind!!!! Blinded from pain !!! ----- OH MY GAWD!!!!!

Vision returning, I notice that I've only managed to pull off half the strip.

CRAP!

Another deep breath and RIPP! Everything is spinning and spotted.

I think I may pass out .... I must stay conscious.... I must stay conscious.

Do I hear crashing drums??? Breath, breath... Okay, back to normal.
I want to see my trophy- a wax covered strip, the one that have caused me so much pain, with my hairy pelt sticking to it. I want to revel in the glory that is my triumph over body hair.

I hold up the strip! There's no hair on it.
Where is the hair???

WHERE IS THE WAX???

Slowly I ease my head down, foot still perched on the toilet, I see the hair. The hair that should be on the strip... it's not.  I touch.. I am touching wax.

I run my fingers over the most sensitive part of my body, which is now covered in cold wax and mated hair.
Then I make the next BIG mistake.... remember my foot is still propped upon the toilet? So I put my food down. Sealed shut!  From from my crotch to my butt is sealed shut. !!

I penguin walk around the bathroom trying to figure out what to do and think to myself,
"Please don't let me get the urge to poop"... !
What can I do to melt the wax? Hot water!! Hot water melts wax!! I'll run the hottest water I can stand in the bathtub get in, immerse the wax-covered bits and the wax should melt and I can gently wipe it off, right????

WRONG!!! *

I get in the tub - the water is slightly hotter than that used to torture prisoners of war, or sterilize surgical equipment - I sit.
Now, the only thing worse than having your nether regions glued together, is having them glued to the bottom of the tub.... in scalding hot water.

Which by the way, does not melt cold wax.

So, now I'm stuck to the bottom of the tub as though I had cemented myself to the porcelain!!

God bless the Telus man who had convinced me a few months ago to have a phone put in the bathroom !!!!

I call my friend, thinking surely she has waxed before and has some secret of how to get me undone. It's a very good conversation starter.

"So, my butt and hoo-ha are glued together on the bottom of the tub!"

There is a slight pause. She doesn't know any secret tricks for removal, but she does try and hide her laughter from me.

She wants to know exactly where the wax is located, "Are we talking cheeks or hoo-ha?"

She's laughing out loud by now.... I can hear her.

I give her the rundown and she suggests I call the number on the side of the box.

YEAH !!!! Right !!! I should be the joke of someone else's night.

While we go through various solutions, I resort to trying to scrape the wax off with a razor.  Nothing feels better than to have your girlie goodies covered in hot wax, glued shut, stuck to the tub in super hot water and then dry-shave the sticky wax off!!
By now the brain is not working, dignity has taken a major hike and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need Post-Traumatic Stress counseling for this event.

My friend is still talking with me when I finally see my saving grace.... the lotion they give you to remove the excess wax.
What do I really have to lose at this point? I rub some on the OH MY GOD!!!
The scream probably woke the family and scared the dickens out of my friend.

It's sooo painful, but I really don't care. IT WORKS!
I get a hearty congratulations from my friend and she hangs up.

I successfully remove the remainder of the wax and then notice to my grief and despair.... THE HAIR IS STILL THERE.... ALL OF IT!

So I recklessly shave it off.  Heck, I'm numb by now. Nothing hurts.  I could have amputated my own leg at this point.

Next week I'm going to try hair colour...... how bad can that turn out????

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for your comment and hope you stay in touch.