As I have already covered Collagen and Elastin in my previous blogs, let's cover Hyaluronic Acid Serum.
Hyaluronic acid, Collagen and Elastin occur naturally in the body, they are essential to maintaining the structure of the skin's layers. Collagen is an important moisturizer with help of Elastin, gives skin its firmness, whereas hyaluronic acid provides and traps moisture to nourish and hydrate skin.
Like a sponge one hyaluronic acid molecule can bind and attach up to 1000 time its own weight in water.
It helps keeps skin hydrated and improves firmness. As skin ages, hyaluronic acid gradually disappears from the epidermis, but remains in the dermis. As the molecules shrink with age, the quantity and quality in the dermis changes.
This skin dries out, becomes more fragile, and the first wrinkles begin to appear. Gradually, the tissues become more slack and the face start to sag. These imbalances are aggravated by menopause and oxidative stress due to sun exposure, smoking, alcohol etc.
- Increases the skin's ability to retain moisture.
- Accelerates the scarring process
- Improves skin's texture and elasticity
- Adds plumpness by reducing the signs of aging
- Tightens skin, and boosts vitality and radiance
- Restores skin's hydration level, making it smoother and more supple.
- Helps protect agains UV rays through its antioxidant action.